The Friends of Southfield Park Primary School
Registered charity number: 1110233
Pre-loved uniform enquiries: email@example.com
Who we are and what we do
As soon as your child starts their school life at Southfield Park Primary School, all parents and carers become members of The Friends of Southfield Park.
Our PTFA is a registered charity (registration number 1110233) run by a small committee who plan events and raise funds for our school. We hold regular meetings, some formal (because we have to!), but mainly very informal, to discuss upcoming events, fundraising ideas, etc.
Fundraising is now more important than ever before, as school budgets are stretched, but as well as raising much-needed funds, the social events we run bring the whole community together, and links with teachers help to give all parents a say in their child’s education. Events that we have run previously include the Christmas and Summer Fairs, along with discos, treats and pre-loved uniform and Christmas Jumper sales.
We have fun whilst we are doing it and are proud of the contribution we are making to our school.
Why not join us?
- We'd love you to join us!
- Don’t be put off if you if you feel you can’t give your time, or are unsure what’s involved.
- Most of us work part-time or full-time. Any time you can give, however big or small, is welcome.
- We can use any skills you have, and you might learn new ones.
- Being involved is a great way to get to know the school and other parents.
- We'll hold meetings each term, so come along and see what we are about. There's no obligation.
- We also have a "Friends of the Friends" group for people who are able to help us out when we need extra volunteers but aren't able to fully commit to joining the Friends right now.
- We’re also really grateful to parents who help us out by looking after the stalls at the fairs, and donating items when we ask for them. We really couldn't do this without you all.
Thank you, Micro Scooters!
We are thrilled to have received a donation of scooter accessories from Micro Scooters. Renowned for revolutionising the school run, Micro Scooters make getting from A-B quicker, cleaner, greener, healthier, and more fun.
Would you like to have a look at Micro Scooters? click here
To go straight to their Accessories page click here
Other ways to help
Even if joining the Friends is not for you at the moment, there are plenty of other ways you can help us and our school:
Enter our lottery
Play your School Lottery for a chance to win up to £25,000! https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/southfield-park-primary-school
The more tickets we sell, the bigger the local prize! Tickets are just £1 and 76p from each goes to our school and prizes.
By searching for your favourite retailers before buying from one of your favourite stores, we receive a commission. It's free for you and earns us some pennies along the way. You can even download a reminder to your phone or computer so that you don't forget!
Name your child’s belongings
Easy2Name: For all their possessions, if you buy your name labels and stickers from https://www.easy2name.com/ and enter the code FR-SOUTHFLDPRK-16, we'll earn a little commission and you get free postage.
Stamptastic: If you prefer stamps to labels, then please use this link http://bit.ly/STAMPKT198TF to buy from Stamptastic. If you order the deluxe bundle you’ll get £4.99 off by using the code KT198TF.
Stikins: Stikins are multi-purpose labels - no sewing required - please go to www.stikins.co.uk and use our school code 36381 to earn us a little commission.
If you’re looking for our website to purchase event tickets or items such as t-shirts, please click here:
The Friends hold a stock of donated pre-loved uniform and buying from us is great for your pocket and the environment! We run a sale at least once a term but if you have any urgent enquiries, please contact us on email firstname.lastname@example.org We are very grateful for donations of pre-loved uniform - please just make sure the items have been washed and are in a good condition.
Get in touch
We are a friendly bunch and would love to hear from you!
The best way to keep up to date with what we are up to is through our social media, but there are plenty of ways to contact us:
- We have a black postbox outside the school office.
- Email us at email@example.com
- Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfSouthfieldParkPrimary
- We are now on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/fosppepsom/
- Follow us on Twitter @FoSPPEpsom
- We are always around school with our own children, so come over and say "hello!"